Independent Contractor – Wind Turbine Controls Engineer
- The role will provide project management, initial site installations & commissioning support, and remote troubleshooting of pitch systems, electrical & control hardware/software, communications equipment & sensors.
- The role will include the development of appropriate validation plans and, oversite of plan execution.
- The successful candidate will be expected to become the operational expert on the upgraded systems and provide subsequent training and support to other field technicians or engineering team members.
- The position is remote but will require some travel to Wind Farm sites, supplier facilities, etc.
- MINIMUM 2 years design or operation experience with Wind Turbine pitch systems and/or Wind Turbine control systems.
- Position will support the integration of upgraded pitch and controls system hardware and software into Wind Turbines in PivotGen’s fleet.
- Electrical or Controls Engineering degree.
Engineering Intern – Spring/Summer 2024
As an engineering intern, you will work closely with our engineering team to support the ongoing technical evaluation efforts of wind energy technologies that will facilitate the repowering of operating wind projects. You will also collaborate with other departments to ensure our due diligence meets the repowering requirements and is delivered on time. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to gain hands-on experience in the engineering industry.
- Assist with the evaluation of potential technology improvements as well as operating wind energy projects that we are exploring repowering
- Conduct research and analysis to support the engineering team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product requirements are met
- Create and maintain documentation related to engineering projects
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our engineering processes
- Currently enrolled in an accredited engineering program or related field
- Strong technical skills and proficiency in relevant software (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
Development Intern – Spring/Summer 2024
As a development intern, you will work closely with our development team to support the evaluation of potential projects for acquisition. You will also collaborate with other departments to keep them informed of the potential opportunities being evaluated. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of the development process.
- Conduct research on potential wind energy project sites, including site identification, landowner outreach, and feasibility studies
- Assist with wind resource assessment, including data collection and analysis
- Support the development of project economic models
- Work with permitting agencies to obtain necessary permits and approvals
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, reports, and presentations
- Participate in project meetings and provide updates to the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in a related field, such as renewable energy, environmental science, economics, or engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of wind energy project development is a plus
- Availability to work full-time for the duration of the internship